Last week I shared some things that we, as parents, need to do with our children. As a reminder, this is what I wrote…
- Speak, in the authority of Jesus Christ, blessings and protection into your childs life.
- Plead the blood of THE Lamb of God over your children. The blood of Jesus not only saves, but protects!
- If there is a mountain in your childs life (See Matthew 21:21), speak to it in the authority of Jesus and tell it where to go.
Why am I reminding you of something I just wrote last week? Because there are parents out there who are embarrassed to do and say these things.
Many reasons exist as to why one might be embarrassed. Some of those reasons include…
- Not being raised this way themselves.
- They don’t do things like this at their church.
- They feel they do not live a lifestyle in front of their children (or anyone else) worthy of exercising the authority they (do not realize they) have in Jesus name.
- They ask, “What good does this really do?” “This is silly.” In other words, they do notbelieve.
I would like to remind us all of two things:
- If you love your child and sincerely want God’s blessings over their life, you mustbelieve – Mark 9:23, “…all things are possible to him that believeth.
- If you are embarrassed, remember – Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek”.
And also, 2 Timothy 1:12 “For the which cause I also suffer these things: neverthelessI am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day”.
- You were not raised this way. Then maybe it is time for some change. If you want things to be different, we must do some things differently.
- You do not do things like this at your church. “Well, things are different now than they were back in the Bible days.” WRONG, we may have changed, your church or your denomination may have changed some things, but God does not change. Study the Scriptures. Does your church reflect what you read? If not,…you finish that line.
- You don’t feel you live the right lifestyle to put these things into practice in your own life. “What should I do?!” Acts 2:38-39, “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call”.
- You wonder what good it will really do. Read this very carefully – It will do absolutely no good unless you believe it. Say it like you believe it. Live (walk, talk, think) like you believe it.
I believe it.
I have seen it work.
I know for a fact the name of Jesus is above every name and in His name we have access to the ultimate authority, ultimate power, and ultimate grace.
I encourage you with everything that I am to “Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually” (1 Chronicles 16:11).
What does God have for you… just around the corner?
Anything you purchase from Amazon through the EKM site helps to fund EKM Ministries. It does not cost any more than shopping directly through Amazon and if you are a Prime member, nothing changes. It simply gives EKM Ministries a small “finders fee”.
You are not limited to what is on the EKM store site. If you want to purchase an electronic mouse trap, then by all means, purchase an electronic mouse trap.
Click the “Powered by Amazon” button in the top right bar and you will be taken to Amazon. Through here, EKM will still get credit.
Thank you so much for your support and remember to do your Amazon Christmas shopping through this EKM Amazon Store. I just wouldn’t recommend an electronic mouse trap as a gift.
Lord bless you and yours!
Ready? Here is the link…