Or more accurately, “Give me favor, Lord”.
Let’s face it, it’s a tough world out there. We need all the help we can get, right? Whether it is from work or from family or friends, bills in the mailbox, you name it, something comes at us nearly every day that can (if allowed to) get us down.
How would you like to walk in God’s favor every day?
“Well that’s a dumb question, Bro. Kyle. Of course I’d like to walk in His favor every day. Who wouldn’t?”
I admit that is a pretty silly question, but do you know what is even sillier?
- Wanting God’s favor
- Knowing we NEED God’s favor
- Knowing His favor is available to us
- And yet…
NOT ASKING HIM FOR IT!!!
Try this for the next week;
- Ask God for His favor over your life each day.
- Don’t just ask during your prayer time and then walk away and forget it, continually speak it every day this week.
“I have the favor of God over my life today. I am a child of God. God is opening supernatural doors for me. He is moving in people and circumstances on my behalf. He is doing exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond all that I can even imagine right now for my benefit. I speak this into my life in Jesus name. Thank you, Lord for Your favor in my life.”
Some people who are not accustomed to speaking these declarations or who have never been taught to, may think it is silly or may wonder what good it does.
- There is power in the spoken word (God created the universe with the spoken word)(Excuse: “But Bro. Kyle, we are not God.” – Good point, but see #2 below).
- There is power in the spoken word…with the authority of Jesus name John 14:13, Mark 16:17 & 18
- When we speak according to God’s Word, out loud, this is substance and evidence that we believe it. Hebrews 11:1
- These are good and positive words that, as we speak them, expel bad and negative thoughts, just like turning on the light expels the darkness. If God is light and love (and He is), then guess where dark and negative thoughts come from. Philippians 4:8
If you read my last post, then you know my struggle. I have gone days not doing this, and I have gone days practicing this. I can tell you from personal experience, the days I walk in this are definitely far better!
Will you try it this week?
Take the challenge. Give it a (sincere) shot. Believe first, the you will receive. Mark 11:24
I also recommend this book, I Declare.
Here’s to you, my brother or sister in Christ. Let’s be victorious together! Let’s Go live it!
TAG! You’re it.