Consider something with me…
1. As time goes on, do you think our world is getting better or is it getting worse? Pretty obvious, huh?
2. As time goes on, is our society getting better or is it getting worse? Pretty obvious, huh?
3. As time goes on, is your car getting newer and more reliable or older and less reliable? (do the words “rust bucket” mean anything to you?)
4. As time goes on, is man becoming less corrupt or more corrupt? (hint: are our prisons more or less full today? Are children more or less mannered and respectful today? Do you want me to go on?)
It is pretty obvious that things get worse as time goes on, that is simply the nature of things. The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same (First Law), the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.
What does all that mean? It means that as time goes on, everything breaks down, loses energy, gets worse. It is true about cars, as well as people and society.
Things will continue to break down and get worse and worse until the Lord makes all things new.
Revelation 21:1-3, And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Now go back to the first 4 questions and consider your answers.
5. Why do people think the newer “Bibles” are better?
Psalms 12:6-7, The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
What does God have for you…just around the corner?